The Buddhist Society may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We reserve the right to review and update this policy at any time.
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Contact information including email address, home address, and phone number
- Information necessary to contact you through digital media (e.g., Whatsapp number and Facebook account name)
- Personal and group photographs
How Do we Process Your Personal Data
The Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands) ensures its compliance with its obligations under the “GDPR” by:
- keeping personal data up-to-date
- storing and destroying it securely
- not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
What We Do With the Information We Gather
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of news, events, notifications, volunteering opportunities, study programmes and services running at Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands);
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees, volunteers and tenants;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications, and registration of guests using our accommodation).
We may also contact you to inform you about services similar to what we have provided to you previously. In all correspondence, we will give you the option to opt out.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep and delete your information according to our internal policies and will keep it no longer than reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we hold it, taking into account relevant legal and regulatory retention requirements (e.g., tax or health and safety requirements) and operational considerations.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to
your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands) holds about you;
- The right to request that Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands) corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands) to retain such data;
- The right to change and withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands). We will only share your data with third parties outside of Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands) by obtaining further consent from you.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via any media (e.g., Whatsapp, Facebook, and Gmail); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The processing of data is overseen by the board of trustees at Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands).
Regarding day-to-day data protection inquiries please contact us on :
Land : (+31) 029 478 5076
Mobile : (+31) 061 991 5161
The Board of Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery (Netherlands)
Middenweg 65, 1394 AD Nederhorst Den Berg